Thursday, October 9, 2008

Change of Mind? or Heart....

All right, I changed my mind about writing about the Triangle Fire in 1911. I wasn't enjoying my writing, and shouldn't
a writer enjoy writing something instead of dread it? I thought about that, and decided that the whole story would also be
way too sad to let someone die at the end when throughout the whole story it's an optimistic and romantic time!
So, I decided to write something different, and I'm actually excited about it. It's about the college life, and this couple
are college seniors. One of the protagonists, Ava McDonnell, discovers from her family that they think she's not happy
in life. At hearing this, she tells her friend Glenda that she needs to maybe choose a best friend to hang out with, and maybe
she'll be happier than, even though she thinks she is happy. Glenda doesn't know what to do with her, but lets her pick
this random guy named Jack Collins in the library to be her best friend. She makes a good choice, because Jack's humor and sarcasm
about life, his constant wit and making her laugh help her eventually discover that this might be more than just friendship.
The problem is, Jack has adored Ava from afar, and she doesn't even know it. He wants to choose her as more than a best friend,
especially since she's been dreaming about finding her one true love since age thirteen.
Should I let you guys know how the story works out? I'm excited about it, and if y'all ever get on my blog,
I'd appreciate you telling me your thoughts.
Thanks, and have a good one!! :)
J. M. G.~

No comments: