Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Series~

Hellooooooooooooo. :)

So, apparently my mind is going haywire these days. It can't decide what series to actually write. But that's okay, because I am trusting in God to let me know in His own timing. I don't know if I announced this or anything, but I had a series going for a little while. At first I had been so proud of it. All I had was a four-book series about four ladies in a town called Skyler Hut, Montana. For a long while, after writing about forty pages in two different pages, I got severe writer's block. So right now they are saved in my email drafts, because I really don't know what else to write in them yet. I was planning on making these books 224 pages, since that's the amount of pages the publisher I have in mind needs them to be in length. I wanted these books to be hilarious and very enjoyable. It's kind of hard when the dialogue doesn't spring out of your head so easily on paper like some authors are blessed with. I wish I could be more like that. Any ideas?
Well, until I decide what to do with that series, I decided to work on another series, or try to. So far it's been going pretty well. And you know with me having one more year of college and having such a busy life...whew. Between getting all that homework down through the already mush that is my brain, a writer such as myself needs to keep writing to keep myself alive, even if coffee won't do it haha.
So! I came up with a series of my own. You see, I don't know if you call it a blessed talent or a dark talent when you bring a Christian story, or stories, out like this. My first book of the decided series I already wrote, is about an escaped, angry convict kidnapping a woman because she'd witnessed him and his friends (also part of the series) in her hometown park. She later gets together with him, and the second book is years later when the second mean guy of the gang gets freed from prison to enjoy the start of his new-Christian life. Two more will follow. All these guys' names are Jack, Mack, (go ahead and laugh, but that's his nickname) Roland and Todd. Todd is the quiet guy who had lost his wife when she was mysteriously murdered. He'd gone to prison for killing the couple whom he'd thought had murdered his wife when it had really been someone else already in prison. Mack had killed his father and three other guys, and Roland had been a criminal all his life. Jack had killed two people he'd thought had murdered his sister, and in the first book they had all been on the run in this RV to help Jack kill the two guys who actually had.
Whew! Wish me luck, because so far it's been going pretty well. I hate writer's block, though, so I truly hope I won't have it again anytime soon. My plan is to write a half hour every day because of my busy weekdays. But since today is Saturday, haha, I will definitely write longer than that. Hopefully. Brain, please work today. Thank you.
Everybody have a great weekend!
Ta!! :)
JMG~

No comments: