Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Stupid School~

Hey, y'all,
Sooo, I have to read "The Taming of the Shrew," a Shakespearean play out of a book the thickness the size of my hand. Anyway, I do not understand the course, so I'm hoping that through the Lord's will, the professor may be able to give me a heads-up on what to do. I knew having an English-Writing major wasn't always going to be easy, but so far, this has been the hardest Eng. course I've taken. And that is saying something. Every semester I think that a class is going to be harder than all the rest I've taken, but that never happens. I always get through them with good grades, and if the Lord wills, I will continue to. I don't understand the point of being called on in class, however. What IS the point? Just to gain insight from students? What if you don't know the answer to the question? You can't just say "pass" or "I don't know." For most professors, it has to be a particular reason WHY I don't know, which is pathetic. A professor is supposed to help the student, not embarrass them. I'm not saying that they don't help. It just seems to be both most of the time, at least in my world. 
My other class of business ethics is honestly more calming than the shakespearean class so far. Maybe it's because I seem to understand that one  better, or maybe it's because I don't need the course for my major and am just taking it to get a second summer course. I need to work that's why, and if I don't take at least two classes in the summer, there's no work and no financial aid. So this is where I am. 
In the mean time, at home, the puppy is chewing up flowers, we know there's a kitten, but unsure where, my cat keeps wandering away from home and coming back off and on cuz he's afraid of a superior kitty, and there just seems to be too much arguing in the house lately. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it's come to the point where I can't stand it, and seek solace in God and friends, and animals. I was thinking of going to graduate school after I graduate this spring, but I think the shakespearan professor said that that course might be similar to graduate courses, and I don't want to waste time and money if I'd have to work too hard. There's nothing wrong with working hard. I'm not saying that there is. What I'm saying is that I have to decide what God wants, or rather, discover what he wants, and then go for it. It'll be in my best needs, always in His plan, so we'll just have to see,  I guess. In the meantime, please keep my family and I in your prayers and thoughts. I'd very much appreciate it, thanks. :) 
Ta! for now, 
JMG~ :)   

No comments: