Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me~

Hey y'all, 
It's my birthday today, and you know what means? A somewhat boring day, and saying a million thank-yous to those wishing me a happy birthday. I enjoy that very much, and it makes the day a lot brighter, especially when it feels strange to be a year older. 
Right now I actually don't have any exciting book ideas. I'm just typing and re-editing books I've written years ago in notebooks. I'm eating lunch at work now, and it's a bag of Doritos Cool Ranch chips, a peanut butter sandwich on grain bread, a CapriSun Fruit Punch, and a Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut Almond bar. Fun, fun. Oh, and I'm getting my haircut today. Birthday haircut, birthday style. I'm thinking of getting it cut to an inch to a half an inch off my shoulders. I haven't had it that short in a while, and it might be fun to straighten every day. I'm cutting my bangs again, too, because I like my bangs. Plus, my hairdresser, when I called her the other day for an appointment, asked me to bring a copy of one of my books so she can read it, and I'm hoping the one I'm giving her will brighten her world. 
In the mean time, it'll be a normal birthday. I'm turning twenty-one today, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go to any parties or clubs. I'd rather the drinking age be 25 or 30, in my opinion. Turning twenty-one isn't that big of a deal to me, it's just a number. I matter incredibly too much to the Lord to even think of seriously drinking. Besides, I've seen problems with drinking happen with people before, and that is never going to happen to me. I will be darn sure of it. 
It's a busy week for my family, so we won't have our "birthday party" thing goings on until Wednesday evening. It doesn't really feel that exciting of a party, because I'm really not a kid anymore and shouldn't have any more parties like those. Should I? Send me your comments to tell me what you think, please. Anyway, Mom said she'll make me my birthday supper of homemade macaroni and cheese and fried chicken. My dad doesn't like mac and cheese, so we'll probably have to choose something extra for him. We'll also having chocolate cake, and whoop-dee-do. 
Thanks for any birthday wishes you may wish for me. I hope to have a great day! 
Ta for now!! 
JMG~

No comments: